Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Little Bit of Music Humor!!

"Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end. " ~~ Igor Stravinsky

"
Mr. Wagner has beautiful moments but bad quarters of an hour. " ~~ Gioacchino Antonio Rossini

"
Classical music is the kind that we keep hoping will turn into a tune. " ~~ Kin Hubbard

"
It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself. " ~~  Johann Sebastian Bach

"
Last night at Carnegie Hall, Jack Benny played Mendelssohn. Mendelssohn lost." ~~ Harold C. Schonberg

"
There are more bad musicians than there is bad music." ~~ Issac Stern

"
Parsifal is the kind of opera that starts at six o'clock and after it has been running for three hours, you check your watch and it says 6:20." ~~ David Randolph

"
One can't judge Wagner's opera 'Lohengrin' after a first hearing, and I certainly don't intend hearing it a second time." ~~ Gioacchino Antonio Rossini

"
Before I compose a piece, I walk around it several times, accompanied by myself." ~~ Erik Satie

"
I like your opera. I think I will set it to music." ~~ Ludwig van Beethoven

"Brahms' Variations are better than mine, but mine were written before his." ~~ Franz Liszt

"
How wonderful opera would be if there were no singers." ~~ Gioacchino Antonio Rossini

"
I only know two pieces; one is 'Clair de Lune' and the other one isn't." ~~ Victor Borge

No comments:

Post a Comment